A Tradition of Serving Superior Food to Valued Customers
Debbie has always been working in restaurants. She learned to cook from her mom at an early age. When she was 16, she took her first job working in the kitchen of the Cog Railway. Later, she ran a coffee shop (Aaron Conant House) at Strawberry Banke. After that, she waited tables at the Wentworth by the Sea. In 1983, the opportunity arose to do something with 960 Sagamore Ave and the idea of the Golden Egg was hatched. A few years later, Tom decided the Golden Egg needed his ability to "flip a good egg" and he joined the team full time. Since then, they have been serving up the best breakfast on the Seacoast!
There are many reasons that The Golden Egg is so popular:
- Everything is homemade
- Fruit is sliced fresh daily
- The Golden Egg makes their own granola
- Waitresses are known by customers
- There are lots of Regulars
- Desserts are homemade by Debbie
- Great variety with changing specials!